FlockOS, the #1, Chat Operating System
<Video carousel below comprising of Flock vs Slack and Case Studies>
<future: press coverage blurb and flockathons blurb>
<big button - Start Building your first Flock app>
With FlockOS you can do the following:
- Send Messages and Sending Attachments to Flock groups and users. For eg the GitHub app sends configurable notifications to any Flock Group. The Todo app notifies your group whenever a task is completed.
- Configure Bot to send directed messages to users. For eg the Reminder bot sends a reminder message to a user at a predetermined time / interval
- Add an Attachment Picker to the Attachment bar. For eg the Poll app adds a button to the Attachment bar that allows a user to create and send opinion polls in Flock
- Add a Chat Tab Button to the Chat tab bar. For eg the Todo app adds a button to the Chat tab bar, which pops up the sidebar widget and shows the various tasks of the team
- Add Widgets to Flock desktop and mobile clients. These include the modal widget, the sidebar widget and the attachment widget. Apps such as the Poll app, Todo app and others use these widgets to provide an amazing GUI for their apps
- Setup Slash Command to receive commands from the user. For eg the /video slash command creates a video conference room and displays its URL in the group
- Setup your Launcher Button. For eg the < > app uses the App Launcher button for < >
- Receive specific URLs to generate URL Previews. For eg the < > app subscribes to all URLs starting with < > to provide a rich preview back.
Go through the API reference here: